Our resident services staff are responding to changes in public health guidelines by working to resume in-person programming safely and responsibly while continuing virtual programming when necessary. We aim to provide a robust slate of in-person and virtual services, including tutoring, nutrition workshops, financial empowerment classes, workforce development training, fitness activities, meditation, community meetings, and arts and crafts activities.
At the height of the pandemic, Linc implemented the Staying Connected initiative to offer supportive services via telephone, allowing residents to call their resident services coordinator or vice versa to check in on issues such as:
Linc is working to continue our most vital programs long-term, such as offering resiliency classes and expanding food bank distributions that support both our residents and community members facing food insecurity.
- Level of family/caregiver support
- Risk factors: chronic illnesses, low or no support, home-bound, limited mobility
- Access to prescription medication and assistance with setting up delivery services
- Access to food, water, and supplies
- Health and wellness - assistance with scheduling appointments/transportation if not feeling well
- Suicide prevention
- Drug and alcoholism treatment
- Emergency shelter for those experiencing domestic violence or other unsafe home situations
- Discussing other topics as needed to support overall mental health and wellness
- Accessing unemployment and other emergency relief benefits
A snapshot of our work during the safer-at-home order is as follows:
Food bank distributions
- 9 communities served
- 92 distributions facilitated
- 2,072 residents served
- 3,300 food boxes safely distributed to seniors
- 347 residents served
- 1,795 case notes submitted
- 17 communities served with 54 unique programs offered
- 656 virtual tutoring sessions for youth
Linc thanks our many supporters in this effort, including the California Community Foundation, Wells Fargo Foundation, Long Beach Community Foundation, AXIS Capital, World Central Kitchen, Food Bank of Southern California, Netflix, and individual donors.
- 27 communities served
- 1,736 care packages delivered
For more information and to see how your organization can partner or volunteer with Linc, contact Caitriona at 562.684.1145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.